Go Back   Just Us Nurses! A Forum for Nurses. Learn, Share, Discuss, Conversate. The Choice is Yours. Join Us Today! > Nursing Today > Nursing in the News

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-06-2012, 03:42 PM
Owner/Administrator

Thanked 7,713 Times in 4,409 Posts
My Mood:
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Default Nurse Fired After Online Comment About Crash

"YUMA -- A nurse at a Yuma hospital has been fired after making an online comment about who was at fault in a fatal crash involving a motorcycle and ambulance".

"The Yuma Sun reported Wednesday that Angela Gusta commented on the newspaper's web site that the deceased motorcycle rider was to blame when his chopper struck an ambulance making a U-turn Sunday on Highway 95".

The hospital's president called Gusta's posting "poor judgment." A call to Gusta seeking comment on the hospital's action wasn't immediately returned Wednesday evening".

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/news/articl...#ixzz22nhqsi3s

Here is what she posted: "If the ambulance was on a run and had lights or siren on, the cyclist was in the wrong, PERIOD. If he died, aw, but sorry, HIS FAULT. As an ER nurse who sees people REGULARLY not get out of the way of ambulances, cops firemen…Got no pity for anyone hit by any of the above. Pay attention and get out of the way" (Gusta, YumaSun.com).

Joanna MSN, APRN, FNP-BC

Reply With Quote Go to top
The Following User Says Thank You to DutchgirlRN For This Useful Post:
Nursing Forum, Nursing Education, Nursing School, Nursing Chat, Nursing Bulletin Board, Nursing Vent, RN, LPN
Old 09-02-2012, 11:57 AM

My Mood:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Wow. "poor judgment" is not the description that comes to mind in relation to the nurse that posted that, lol. I see stuff like that a lot... and as a former paramedic, I say.... the average motorist will 'lose' the turn signal of a lit up bus in all the OTHER flashing lights, and not realize the unit plans to turn. It's rather common and EMS folk should take extra care when turning; especially a U-ey. The job is to watch out for the public, not a run-down mentality like that crazy nurse posted, and yes, it may cost a few extra seconds. But we all know what that saves. :) And besides, since when does an ER nurse see people not yeilding?? On the way home??
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RN Randy For This Useful Post:
Nursing Forum, Nursing Education, Nursing School, Nursing Chat, Nursing Bulletin Board, Nursing Vent, RN, LPN
Old 09-10-2012, 10:47 PM

My Mood:
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RN Randy View Post
Wow. "poor judgment" is not the description that comes to mind in relation to the nurse that posted that, lol. I see stuff like that a lot... and as a former paramedic, I say.... the average motorist will 'lose' the turn signal of a lit up bus in all the OTHER flashing lights, and not realize the unit plans to turn. It's rather common and EMS folk should take extra care when turning; especially a U-ey. The job is to watch out for the public, not a run-down mentality like that crazy nurse posted, and yes, it may cost a few extra seconds. But we all know what that saves. :) And besides, since when does an ER nurse see people not yeilding?? On the way home??
OK. I feel better now. I was wondering the same thing and thought maybe there was something I was missing. I mean, I guess she might hear complaints from the EMS folk about it but to claim to witness it...........

I actually was ready to defend the nurse and say this was all another warning that we are all being watched.........all the time. Be careful what you post. But, I digress, most of us need no such warning. This nurse came off as a blowhard who lacks compassion, and the hospital acted accordingly. Most of us have enough internet etiquette/savvy to know better than to make comments like she made.
Old 09-11-2012, 05:38 PM
The Irish Fireball

Thanked 3,868 Times in 2,710 Posts
My Mood:
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Due to the Big Brother watching thing, I can think a lot of things, but I certainly don't let my fingers do the typing under something such as that...

Pinstripes are never out of season...

Kylee, BSN, RN
Reply With Quote Go to top