Go Back   Just Us Nurses! A Forum for Nurses. Learn, Share, Discuss, Conversate. The Choice is Yours. Join Us Today! > Nursing Today > Nursing in the News

User Tag List

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Sabby

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-15-2011, 09:51 AM

My Mood:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default New Tesas Law Bans Anonymous Complaints About Docs

New Texas law bans anonymous complaints about docs - Houston Chronicle

AUSTIN, Texas (AP) ? A law that took effect this month bars the Texas Medical Board from considering complaints against doctors if they come from anonymous sources ? like the complaint from two Winkler County nurses who lost their jobs after anonymously urging the board to investigate a doctor in 2009.

The legislation was a victory for a physicians' group that sued the medical board in December 2007 over allegations that it was abusing the anonymous complaint process. The suit also accused a former president of the board of using her husband to file anonymous complaints against her competitors to get those physicians disciplined................
Reply With Quote Go to top
Nursing Forum, Nursing Education, Nursing School, Nursing Chat, Nursing Bulletin Board, Nursing Vent, RN, LPN
Old 10-15-2011, 09:52 AM

My Mood:

Not sure how I feel about it...but I do not think I like it
Nursing Forum, Nursing Education, Nursing School, Nursing Chat, Nursing Bulletin Board, Nursing Vent, RN, LPN
Old 10-15-2011, 06:03 PM

Thanked 5,758 Times in 3,936 Posts
My Mood:
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)

Ya know if there is a valid complaint against a doctor or anyone really then it should not be anonymous I believe it should be above board and all legit. Put the complaint down on paper and let it go from there.

So I am not sure I agree with an anonymous complaint with any thing and doubt that it carries that much weight.

If you want to complain and you feel that it is legitimate then put ya name along with it. IMHO
Melinurse likes this.
"Just for now. The challenge you are facing is just for now. The joy you are celebrating is just for now. The tide never remains in. It recedes to return again. Inhale and give thanks for your blessing. Exhale and release your burden. They are here just for now." ~ author unknown

Live, life, love with all of your heart, it is better than the alternative.

~ Sabby, RN
Old 10-15-2011, 07:30 PM

Thanked 6,140 Times in 4,018 Posts
My Mood:

I am not 100% sure how I feel on this one. A person may be shy, or fear retaliantion depending on what the complaint is. If the complaint is sexual in nature the " victim " may want to remain anonymous for that reason.

Otherwise, if it is a legit complaint then why hide who you are?
Old 10-15-2011, 09:28 PM

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melinurse View Post
I am not 100% sure how I feel on this one. A person may be shy, or fear retaliantion depending on what the complaint is. If the complaint is sexual in nature the " victim " may want to remain anonymous for that reason.

Otherwise, if it is a legit complaint then why hide who you are?

It is the fear of retaliation or if it had been sexual that I was thinking of. I that made me not sure I like it. But I dont know............I really dont know.
Old 10-16-2011, 08:42 AM

Thanked 6,140 Times in 4,018 Posts
My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by justapatient View Post
It is the fear of retaliation or if it had been sexual that I was thinking of. I that made me not sure I like it. But I dont know............I really dont know.

I don't really know either. I suppose it depends on the nature of the complaint as well as how legit it is. I can see both sides of this one though.
Old 10-16-2011, 06:07 PM

Thanked 1,604 Times in 804 Posts
My Mood:
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Plain and simple-The reason they want to know who complained is to make sure they can make they the person who complains life a living hell. The nurses who complained about that doc were arrested by the sheriff who was protecting the doc who was harming patients...