Go Back   Just Us Nurses! A Forum for Nurses. Learn, Share, Discuss, Conversate. The Choice is Yours. Join Us Today! > Nursing Today > Nursing in the News

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-29-2009, 08:42 PM
Owner/Administrator

Thanked 7,713 Times in 4,409 Posts
My Mood:
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Default New Oasis Set -C

http://www.cms.hhs.gov/HomeHealthQua...Verson12-2.pdf

Changes:

CARDIAC STATUS

(M1500) Symptoms in Heart Failure Patients:
If patient has been diagnosed with heart failure, did the patient exhibit symptoms indicated by clinical heart failure guidelines (including dyspnea, orthopnea, edema, or weight gain) at any point since the previous OASIS assessment?

0 - No [ Go to M1732 at TRN; Go to M1600 at DC ]

1 - Yes

2 - Not assessed [Go to M1732 at TRN; Go to M1600 at DC ]

NA - Patient does not have diagnosis of heart failure [Go to M1732 at TRN; Go to M1600 at DC ]

(M1510) Heart Failure Follow-up:

If patient has been diagnosed with heart failure and has exhibited symptoms indicative of heart failure since the previous OASIS assessment, what action(s) has (have) been taken to respond? (Mark all that apply.)

0 - No action taken

1 - Patient?s physician (or other primary care practitioner) contacted the same day

2 - Patient advised to get emergency treatment (e.g., call 911 or go to emergency room)

3 - Implement physician-ordered patient-specific established parameters for treatment

4 - Patient education or other clinical interventions

5 - Obtained change in care plan orders (e.g., increased monitoring by agency, change in visit frequency, telehealth, etc.)

(M1730) Depression Screening:

Has the patient been screened for depression, using a standardized depression screening tool?

0 - No

1 - Yes, patient was screened using the PHQ-2? scale. (Instructions for this two-question tool: Ask patient: "Over the last two weeks, how often have you been bothered by any of the following problems") Not at all

0 - 1 day Several days

2 - 6 days
More than half of the days

7 ? 11 days
Nearly every day

12 ? 14 days

N/A Unable to respond

PHQ-2? Pfizer

a) Little interest or pleasure in doing things

b) Feeling down, depressed, or hopeless?

2 - Yes, with a different standardized assessment-and the patient meets criteria for further evaluation for depression.

3 - Yes, patient was screened with a different standardized assessment-and the patient does not meet criteria for further evaluation for depression.

(M2000) Drug Regimen Review:

Does a complete drug regimen review indicate potential clinically significant medication issues, e.g., drug reactions, ineffective drug therapy, side effects, drug interactions, duplicate therapy, omissions, dosage errors, or noncompliance?

0 - Not assessed/reviewed [ Go to M2010 ]

1 - No problems found during review [ Go to M2010 ]

2 - Problems found during review

NA - Patient is not taking any medications [ Go to M2040 ]

(M2002) Medication Follow-up:

Was a physician or the physician-designee contacted within one calendar day to resolve clinically significant medication issues, including reconciliation?

0 - No

1 - Yes

(M2004) Medication Intervention:

If there were any clinically significant medication issues since the previous OASIS assessment, was a physician or the physician-designee contacted within one calendar day of the assessment to resolve clinically significant medication issues, including reconciliation?

0 - No

1 - Yes

NA - No clinically significant medication issues identified since the previous OASIS assessment

(M2010) Patient/Caregiver High Risk Drug Education:

Has the patient/caregiver received instruction on special precautions for all high-risk medications (such as hypoglycemics, anticoagulants, etc.) and how and when to report problems that may occur?

0 - No

1 - Yes

NA - Patient not taking any high risk drugs OR patient/caregiver fully knowledgeable about special precautions associated with all high-risk medications

(M2015) Patient/Caregiver Drug Education Intervention

Since the previous OASIS assessment, was the patient/caregiver instructed by agency staff or other health care provider to monitor the effectiveness of drug therapy, drug reactions, and side effects, and how and when to report problems that may occur?

0 - No

1 - Yes

NA - Patient not taking any drugs

THERAPY NEED AND PLAN OF CARE

(M2200) Therapy Need:

In the home health plan of care for the Medicare payment episode for which this assessment will define a case mix group, what is the indicated need for therapy visits (total of reasonable and necessary physical, occupational, and speech-language pathology visits combined)? (Enter zero [ "000" ] if no therapy visits indicated.)

(__ __ __) Number of therapy visits indicated (total of physical, occupational and speech-language pathology combined).

NA - Not Applicable: No case mix group defined by this assessment.

(M2250) Plan of Care Synopsis:

(Check only one box in each row.) Does the physician-ordered plan of care include the following:

Plan / Intervention

No

Yes

Not Applicable

a. Patient-specific parameters for notifying physician of changes in vital signs or other clinical findings

Physician has chosen not to establish patient-specific parameters for this patient. Agency will use standardized clinical guidelines accessible for all care providers to reference

b. Diabetic foot care including monitoring for the presence of skin lesions on the lower extremities and patient/caregiver education on proper foot care

Patient is not diabetic or is bilateral amputee

c. Falls prevention interventions

Patient is not assessed to be at risk for falls

d. Depression intervention(s) such as medication, referral for other treatment, or a monitoring plan for current treatment

Patient has no diagnosis or symptoms of depression

e. Intervention(s) to monitor and mitigate pain

No pain identified

f. Intervention(s) to prevent pressure ulcers

Patient is not assessed to be at risk for pressure ulcers

g. Pressure ulcer treatment based on principles of moist wound healing OR order for treatment based on moist wound healing has been requested from physician

Patient has no pressure ulcers with need for moist wound healing

DATA ITEMS COLLECTED AT INPATIENT FACILITY ADMISSION OR AGENCY DISCHARGE ONLY

(M2400) Intervention Synopsis:

(Check only one box in each row.) Since the previous OASIS assessment, were the following interventions BOTH included in the physician-ordered plan of care AND implemented?
Plan / Intervention

No

Yes

Not Applicable

a. Diabetic foot care including monitoring for the presence of skin lesions on the lower extremities and patient/caregiver education on proper foot care

Patient is not diabetic or is bilateral amputee

b. Falls prevention interventions Formal multi-factor Fall Risk Assessment indicates the patient was not at risk for falls since the last OASIS assessment

c. Depression intervention(s) such as medication, referral for other treatment, or a monitoring plan for
current treatment

Formal assessment indicates patient did not meet criteria for depression AND patient did not have diagnosis of depression since the last OASIS assessment

d. Intervention(s) to monitor and mitigate pain

Formal assessment did not indicate pain since the last OASIS assessment

e. Intervention(s) to prevent pressure ulcers

Formal assessment indicates the patient was not at risk of pressure ulcers since the last OASIS assessment

f. Pressure ulcer treatment based on principles of moist wound healing

Dressings that support the principles of moist wound healing not indicated for this patient?s pressure ulcers OR patient has no pressure ulcers with need for moist wound healing

Joanna MSN, APRN, FNP-BC

Reply With Quote Go to top
Nursing Forum, Nursing Education, Nursing School, Nursing Chat, Nursing Bulletin Board, Nursing Vent, RN, LPN
Old 07-29-2009, 09:52 PM
HhRNhhr

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

*sigh*

More pages to my paperwork?

Ours already has the Therapy Need section, always has, but the rest is new.

I already get writer's cramp, now I'll just move on to Loss Of Feeling
Nursing Forum, Nursing Education, Nursing School, Nursing Chat, Nursing Bulletin Board, Nursing Vent, RN, LPN
Old 07-30-2009, 09:29 AM
Owner/Administrator

Thanked 7,713 Times in 4,409 Posts
My Mood:
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HhRNhhr View Post
*sigh*

More pages to my paperwork?

Ours already has the Therapy Need section, always has, but the rest is new.

I already get writer's cramp, now I'll just move on to Loss Of Feeling

Yeah, I forgot we do already have the Therapy Need Section forumsmiley1019

Joanna MSN, APRN, FNP-BC

Old 07-30-2009, 06:28 PM

Thanked 5,758 Times in 3,936 Posts
My Mood:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)

Good heavens to mergatroid, I am so glad we do not do OASIS.
I think I would puke LOL
"Just for now. The challenge you are facing is just for now. The joy you are celebrating is just for now. The tide never remains in. It recedes to return again. Inhale and give thanks for your blessing. Exhale and release your burden. They are here just for now." ~ author unknown

Live, life, love with all of your heart, it is better than the alternative.

~ Sabby, RN
Old 07-30-2009, 06:29 PM
HhRNhhr

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabby View Post
Good heavens to mergatroid, I am so glad we do not do OASIS.
I think I would puke LOL

Thanks SO much for the support, Sabs

*and yes, that was dripping with sarcasm!*
Old 07-30-2009, 07:01 PM

Thanked 5,758 Times in 3,936 Posts
My Mood:
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HhRNhhr View Post
Thanks SO much for the support, Sabs

*and yes, that was dripping with sarcasm!*
Prod Prod............ do you have to do many of those???
I would still puke though *runs* outta da room Arrrgghhhhhhhhh she is tossin' stuff at me Mawwwwwwwwwww th_4285
"Just for now. The challenge you are facing is just for now. The joy you are celebrating is just for now. The tide never remains in. It recedes to return again. Inhale and give thanks for your blessing. Exhale and release your burden. They are here just for now." ~ author unknown

Live, life, love with all of your heart, it is better than the alternative.

~ Sabby, RN
Old 07-30-2009, 07:18 PM

Thanked 2,810 Times in 1,347 Posts
My Mood:
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

#1..thank you, DG. th_4285

#2..I hate you, DG. You are SO being a buzz-kill to my "eight more hours until vacation" state of mind!!

#3..unless we can get enough active patients to have a CMS survey for our provider number, we are SO screwed anyway. Maybe I can go back to McDonalds like I did at age 15???

Sorry....jaw hurts and am having a catered pity-party right now!

There is a God-Shaped hole in every human being that only He can fill.
Old 07-31-2009, 03:17 PM

Thanked 6,140 Times in 4,018 Posts
My Mood:
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Joining Pat's pity party.

Dang, just what we need is more crap to chart on. Oh boy, I can feel a rant coming on.