Go Back   Just Us Nurses! A Forum for Nurses. Learn, Share, Discuss, Conversate. The Choice is Yours. Join Us Today! > Nursing Today > Nursing in the News

User Tag List

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-08-2012, 04:40 PM

Thanked 1,365 Times in 941 Posts
My Mood:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Default crappy cna makes nurses look bad

Portland nursing assistant sent to jail after posting dying patient

This stupid woman was a nurse's aide (assistant, whatever), and yet the article said she had her "nursing license revoked". And goes on to say that she was entered in some database (fictional?) so she couldn't get licensed elsewhere in the US. How about she never had a license to get revoked, and she was never a nurse? But gee, thanks for lumping this piece of turd in with the rest of us.

Make sure to read the comment from "ActualRN" just below the article ;)
Old 03-08-2012, 04:58 PM

Thanked 6,140 Times in 4,018 Posts
My Mood:
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

wow, disgusting & disgraceful what she did. No matter what her job title was, that is aweful.
Old 03-08-2012, 05:03 PM

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melinurse View Post
wow, disgusting & disgraceful what she did. No matter what her job title was, that is aweful.
Absolutely agreed. I was just PO'd at the nursing reference because, let's face it, all people are going to remember is "that nurse had her license revoked because she did a hideous thing to a patient". That nurse.

I don't want her face ever associated with the word. Just sickens me.
Old 03-08-2012, 05:19 PM

My Mood:

I'll have to go back and look again but I thought is said she can't get a license in the future ( in case she thought of nursing school ). Or at least that was how I read it. But I agree that John Q Public will just recall that she was a nurse and it will negatively impact some people's perception.

What is also a shame is that I know so many fabulous CNA's and this will impact them as well. A few bad apples...........................
Old 03-08-2012, 05:27 PM

My Mood:

"Her name was entered into a national database that prohibits her from obtaining a nursing license anywhere else in the U.S."

By saying "anywhere ELSE in the US" it implies that she already had a license there. It didn't say "Prohibits her from ever becoming licensed as a nurse".

Still pissed off....and yes, there are some amazing aides out there, and for those who remember she was one, they might just look sideways at someone who doesn't deserve to be questioned.
Old 03-08-2012, 06:28 PM

Thanked 5,758 Times in 3,936 Posts
My Mood:
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)

Firstly what a biatch to even think of doing what she did.
Secondly she got off to freakin' lightly.
Thirdly she never should be placed or allowed to be in a position of caring for anyone EVER again.

I so agree with ActualRN and her post, the person that wrote this article was a dumb ass for not doing the ground work and getting- oh lets see ummmmm the facts you dick wad!!!

I agree crappy articles like this will only focus on the nurse!

More than pissed off over this. I so want to beat that person for being such a degrading piece of feces that should be flushed down the commode!
"Just for now. The challenge you are facing is just for now. The joy you are celebrating is just for now. The tide never remains in. It recedes to return again. Inhale and give thanks for your blessing. Exhale and release your burden. They are here just for now." ~ author unknown

Live, life, love with all of your heart, it is better than the alternative.

~ Sabby, RN
Reply With Quote Go to top
Nursing Forum, Nursing Education, Nursing School, Nursing Chat, Nursing Bulletin Board, Nursing Vent, RN, LPN
Old 03-08-2012, 06:35 PM

My Mood:

Sabby:

LOL I'M ActualRN! I thought you caught my 'wink' LOL

Yep, I registered JUST so I could post. And I see there's now a bit of a fight going on....I thought the dork responding was the author, but I think I was wrong. Just a dork (sigh).

But really, makes your blood boil, doesn't it.
Sabby and Melinurse like this.
Old 03-08-2012, 06:40 PM

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreDilaudidPlease! View Post
By saying "anywhere ELSE in the US" it implies that she already had a license there. It didn't say "Prohibits her from ever becoming licensed as a nurse".
Ah, missed that for some reason.
Old 03-08-2012, 06:47 PM

Thanked 5,758 Times in 3,936 Posts
My Mood:
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreDilaudidPlease! View Post
Sabby:

LOL I'M ActualRN! I thought you caught my 'wink' LOL

Yep, I registered JUST so I could post. And I see there's now a bit of a fight going on....I thought the dork responding was the author, but I think I was wrong. Just a dork (sigh).

But really, makes your blood boil, doesn't it.

LOL ohhhhh doh now I see the wink LOL But yes it made my blood boil big time.
"Just for now. The challenge you are facing is just for now. The joy you are celebrating is just for now. The tide never remains in. It recedes to return again. Inhale and give thanks for your blessing. Exhale and release your burden. They are here just for now." ~ author unknown

Live, life, love with all of your heart, it is better than the alternative.

~ Sabby, RN
Reply With Quote Go to top
Nursing Forum, Nursing Education, Nursing School, Nursing Chat, Nursing Bulletin Board, Nursing Vent, RN, LPN
Old 03-08-2012, 06:58 PM

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melinurse View Post
Ah, missed that for some reason.
No biggie...I'm sure it wasn't worth reading in the first place. This guy must've failed Intro to Journalism.