Go Back   Just Us Nurses! A Forum for Nurses. Learn, Share, Discuss, Conversate. The Choice is Yours. Join Us Today! > Nursing Today > Nursing in the News

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-23-2009, 03:58 AM

My Mood:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Black belt nurse hits back at attacker

A suspected robber met his match when a nurse he tried to attack turned out to have a black belt in karate.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/-/newshom...hits-attacker/
________
Live sex

Last edited by AussieRN; 09-06-2011 at 09:47 AM.
Reply With Quote Go to top
The Following User Says Thank You to AussieRN For This Useful Post:
Nursing Forum, Nursing Education, Nursing School, Nursing Chat, Nursing Bulletin Board, Nursing Vent, RN, LPN
Old 04-23-2009, 09:30 AM

Thanked 5,786 Times in 3,765 Posts
My Mood:
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Beautiful! That lady made my day. Hell, she made my entire week.

Wish I could do that.
Nursing Forum, Nursing Education, Nursing School, Nursing Chat, Nursing Bulletin Board, Nursing Vent, RN, LPN
Old 04-23-2009, 12:00 PM

My Mood:

Outstanding! I hope she broke his arm.

Old 04-23-2009, 12:01 PM

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poliopioneer View Post
Beautiful! That lady made my day. Hell, she made my entire week.

Wish I could do that.
Why wish for what could be possible? Check out your local Martial Arts school.

Old 04-23-2009, 04:09 PM

My Mood:

You can do that with degenerative joint disease? And not a lot of money, either?
Old 04-24-2009, 12:25 AM

Thanked 1,512 Times in 1,018 Posts
My Mood:

Hey Tina, apparently the nurse was from the Gold Coast?! You Queenslanders are feisty!

Good on her, how often is it the other way around that the nurse cops it?

Hey Mim. Try Tai Chi. Its gentle on the joints, and apparently increases your reflexes so that if something like that happens you can move out the way. I understand too, if you react fast enough, that it is almost a martial art!

My mummy, and my two gorgeous grandnieces, Sienna and Lily xxx
Old 04-24-2009, 09:39 AM

My Mood:

I was hoping that the YMCA had classes in that, but it doesn't. I guess it's back to Google. If I can find a class that I can afford, I'll take it. Tai Chi also helps with balance, which whatever is going on with my lumbar spine has been messing with.
Old 04-24-2009, 11:00 AM

My Mood:
Thumbs up Tai Chi, great idea!

Quote:
I was hoping that the YMCA had classes in that, but it doesn't. I guess it's back to Google. If I can find a class that I can afford, I'll take it. Tai Chi also helps with balance, which whatever is going on with my lumbar spine has been messing with.
Yes, Tai Chi has many health benefits & some instructors teach the self defense relativity of this martial art, too.

I do hope you can find a class you can afford. Good luck! Here is a link I found you may enjoy;

https://ssl.search.live.com/health/a....htm&q=Tai+Chi

Also, did you say Google? th_ththink1-1

I have the day off so here are few places I found possibly in your area...

Cincinatti Ohio Tai Chi
The Tri-Health Fitness Center and Pavilion offers beginning and intermediate T'ai Chi instruction. Class times vary based on availability of practice space and instructors but could be perfect for someone who is interested in only learning the basics, rather than immersing themselves wholly into the philosophy and lifestyle surrounding this ancient art form.
The Tri-Health Fitness Center and Pavilion is located at 6200 Pfeiffer Road, Cincinnati, Ohio 45242.

Classes are fairly priced and additional information can be obtained at http://www.trihealthpavilion.com or by calling (513) 985-0900.

Additionally, classes may be located by contacting your local YMCA, YWCA, or by contacting the Cincinnati Recreation Commission at (513) 352-4000. Various T'ai Chi classes are offered through the City funded Recreation Centers and can be viewed by visiting their website: http://www.cincinnati-oh.gov/crc/pages/-4993-/.

3 Waters Cincinatti, Ohio
Tai Chi consists of fluid, gentle, graceful and circular movements that are relaxed and slow in tempo. Breathing is deepened and slowed, aiding visual and mental concentration. The body relaxes, allowing the life force or Qi (Chi) energy inside the body to flow unimpeded. These techniques help integrate mind and body into a harmonious inner and outer self. A person living in harmony is more likely to be happy, fulfilled and healthy.
Tai Chi strengthens and mobilizes joints and muscles, improving physical fitness and mental relaxation. It is especially suitable as a therapy for arthritis because its movements are slow and gentle, and the level of exertion can be adjusted to suit each person's physical condition.
http://www.threewaters.com/tai-chi.htm

Taoist Tai Chi? Internal Art of Taijiquan

The Taoist Tai Chi Society of the USA is incorporated as a charitable organization. The Society depends on contributions from its members, given as voluntary donations. Membership entitles you to attend any of our classes, world-wide.

There are special contribution categories for seniors and students. Members unable to contribute monthly because of unemployment or financial hardship may apply to the Branch Council for a temporary exemption in order to remain a member in good standing.

To determine the monthly membership contribution for a particular location, contact the location of interest to you.
How do I find a class?

Go to location finder below [see link below] and enter your zipcode. Contact information for locations near you will appear.

http://usa.taoist.org/classes.html

Last edited by SoldierNurse; 04-24-2009 at 11:32 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SoldierNurse For This Useful Post:
Old 04-24-2009, 11:20 AM

My Mood:

Thanks. I'm just taking a break from cleaning right now, so I'll check those out later.
Old 04-24-2009, 11:35 AM

My Mood:

Quote:
Thanks. I'm just taking a break from cleaning right now, so I'll check those out later.
I added Taoist Tai Chi? Internal Art above, which may be based on income regards to cost?