Go Back   Just Us Nurses! A Forum for Nurses. Learn, Share, Discuss, Conversate. The Choice is Yours. Join Us Today! > Nursing Today > Nursing in the News

User Tag List

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By DutchgirlRN
  • 1 Post By "darkness"

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-25-2015, 10:05 PM
Owner/Administrator

Thanked 7,713 Times in 4,409 Posts
My Mood:
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Default Bill Recognizing APRNsí Ability to Sign Home Health Plans

This is great news for nurse practitioners. We have been able to write scripts for years but haven't been able to sign an order for Home Health. It's about dang time!

"The American Nurses Association (ANA) applauds Senators Collins (R-ME) and Schumer (D-NY) for introducing S.578, the Home Health Care Planning and Improvement Act of 2015. This bill would amend a quirk in the Medicare law which has kept nurse practitioners from signing home health care plans and from certifying Medicare patients for the home health benefit.

APRNs are playing an increasing role in American health care delivery. Passage of the Home Health Planning and Improvement Act will reduce Medicare spending. Medicare has recognized the independent practice of APRNs for nearly two decades, and these health care professionals now provide the majority of skilled care to home health patients. These delays in access to home health services inconvenience patients and their families and can result in increased costs when patients are unnecessarily left in more expensive institutional settings"

ANA Applauds Introduction of Bill Recognizing APRNs
GrnTea likes this.

Joanna MSN, APRN, FNP-BC

Reply With Quote Go to top
The Following User Says Thank You to DutchgirlRN For This Useful Post:
Nursing Forum, Nursing Education, Nursing School, Nursing Chat, Nursing Bulletin Board, Nursing Vent, RN, LPN
Old 10-26-2015, 12:19 AM

Thanked 1,544 Times in 1,199 Posts
My Mood:
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

I think this is a great idea...also did you pass your boards.
Nursing Forum, Nursing Education, Nursing School, Nursing Chat, Nursing Bulletin Board, Nursing Vent, RN, LPN
Old 10-26-2015, 01:22 PM
Owner/Administrator

Thanked 7,713 Times in 4,409 Posts
My Mood:
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

With alll that has been going on....I haven't taken boards yet. Hopefully soon. Right now I'm in week 3 of a 6 weeks oeientation. No time to study.

Joanna MSN, APRN, FNP-BC

Old 10-27-2015, 03:18 AM

My Mood:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I worked in district nursing in my first job out of nursing school. I did alot of setting up of home health plans. Its been like this for years

Those dealing with the funding via the district healthboard were also registered nurses.

Good that things are going this way for you US nurses
GrnTea likes this.