Go Back   Just Us Nurses! A Forum for Nurses. Learn, Share, Discuss, Conversate. The Choice is Yours. Join Us Today! > Nursing Today > General Nursing Discussions

User Tag List

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Nurseforever

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2016, 07:52 AM

Thanked 1,544 Times in 1,199 Posts
My Mood:
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Default Heartbroken

I posted a long post but I lost my connection, I was scheduled for taking off Friday an Monday. Some issues at home came up on Thursday so I told her I was going to take} more 8 of et and my boss said this is an unexcused absence and she needs to talk to me. She sent me 3 emails.

I have worked for this system since 2002, I am hurt I have not enjoyed my time off. I like my job but hate being treated like this, this is not the first time in June she said my she never approved my vacation for my daughters graduation and I could not go.I found the request and she never apologized. Left a black cloud over that trip.
Glendah46 likes this.
Reply With Quote Go to top
Nursing Forum, Nursing Education, Nursing School, Nursing Chat, Nursing Bulletin Board, Nursing Vent, RN, LPN
Old 02-21-2016, 12:01 PM

Thanked 6,140 Times in 4,018 Posts
My Mood:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I am so sorry to hear that NF. That sure sucks big fat rotten monkey eggs.
Old 02-21-2016, 01:12 PM
Owner/Administrator

Thanked 7,713 Times in 4,409 Posts
My Mood:
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

I'm sorry Alex. That really, really sucks. Is this the same boss you've had from the beginning or someone who is fairly new to you? I was just wondering if you could go over her head? They have treated you wrong, and it's not right. Pisses me off.

Joanna MSN, APRN, FNP-BC

Nursing Forum, Nursing Education, Nursing School, Nursing Chat, Nursing Bulletin Board, Nursing Vent, RN, LPN
Old 02-21-2016, 03:16 PM

Thanked 1,365 Times in 941 Posts
My Mood:
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)

Man, don't we wish that the same managers who do this to employees (making it such that they cannot enjoy their time off... their earned time off)...don't you wish they could have it happen to them? Let them be treated the way they treat others, and let's see how much they continue to do it!

Hopefully when you go back into work your manager's bitchiness will have subsided and you can just tell her how you feel. Fingers crossed...
Old 02-21-2016, 04:46 PM

Thanked 1,781 Times in 960 Posts
My Mood:
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)

This just REALLY PISSES me off!! I have worked for the same shitty company for 8 years. When they decided to ship part of our hours to a different company, it was all MY fault that things didn't go smoothly. I was accused of trying to hurt her company by telling all the other nurses to leave and not wanting to work for 2 companies blah blah blah!!

I defended myself after she refused to give me 10 hours PTO [and shorted my check by 8 hrs the week before Christmas]. I told her I had done nothing to hurt her company and actually having 2 employers freed me up to do MORE hours! I gave the example that I could work 32 hours with one company and 16 for the other and not have to worry about being over 40 hrs with EITHER company!

It all came to a head when I requested a copy of the non-compete I signed. I told her I DID not sign one when I was rehired in 2009 and I wanted proof that I hadn't signed it!! Her entire ATTITUDE changed toward me and she fired another RN without letting her know!

I have learned to try to ignore evil people. I will confess that it is extremely hard to do.

Just know that I know how you feel and will help you b***h slap her.

This is for you:

Karen, RN,

Failure is NOT an option!! Gene Kranz during the Apollo 13 crisis.

When God leads you to it, He WILL lead you through it!
Old 02-21-2016, 05:05 PM

Thanked 2,093 Times in 1,401 Posts
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Horrible way to treat a great employee.