Go Back   Just Us Nurses! A Forum for Nurses. Learn, Share, Discuss, Conversate. The Choice is Yours. Join Us Today! > Nursing Today > General Nursing Discussions

User Tag List

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By frogger32091

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2012, 02:53 PM

My Mood:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Fasten Your Seat Belts!!!!!!!

It is finally over. I did it and it is now over. I took my state board test on 11/7 and I passed the test. It still doesn't seem real to me that it is really over. I graduated in September and now I am actually a licensed registered nurse. I cannot believe it. I had to share with my online family that was so supportive during this whole process.

Now I have to try to find that elusive first job as a new nurse. If you have any pointers that would be great because I have put out over 60 applications in just a few days. I live in an area where there are 33 nursing schools putting out nurses. I cannot move right now because I am locked into a two year contract at my apartment place so I cannot move. I really want a job - any job - in an acute care center, but right now it seems like that might not work. I went to see the nurse manager at the hospital where I did my preceptorship but she said they had their quota of new nurses. Nothing she could do for me until February. I just can't wait until February. Not sure what to do now.

But yeah on the license part. :) And my school said that after getting a license it would be easier to get a job. What a joke.
Sabby, Glendah46 and EMTnurse like this.

Frogger RN :) LOL!!!
Reply With Quote Go to top
Nursing Forum, Nursing Education, Nursing School, Nursing Chat, Nursing Bulletin Board, Nursing Vent, RN, LPN
Old 11-12-2012, 04:23 PM

Thanked 1,781 Times in 960 Posts
My Mood:
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Try assisted living or Long term care. I KNOW LTC's always need HELP!!

Good luck!!

Karen, RN,

Failure is NOT an option!! Gene Kranz during the Apollo 13 crisis.

When God leads you to it, He WILL lead you through it!
The Following User Says Thank You to kwagner_51 For This Useful Post:
Nursing Forum, Nursing Education, Nursing School, Nursing Chat, Nursing Bulletin Board, Nursing Vent, RN, LPN
Old 11-12-2012, 04:34 PM

Thanked 5,758 Times in 3,936 Posts
My Mood:
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)

Congratulations, such great news to come home this evening and read.
What areas of nursing interested you the most during your program?
"Just for now. The challenge you are facing is just for now. The joy you are celebrating is just for now. The tide never remains in. It recedes to return again. Inhale and give thanks for your blessing. Exhale and release your burden. They are here just for now." ~ author unknown

Live, life, love with all of your heart, it is better than the alternative.

~ Sabby, RN
Old 11-12-2012, 04:40 PM

Thanked 1,544 Times in 1,199 Posts
My Mood:
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Wonderful enjoy your success!
Old 11-12-2012, 05:21 PM

My Mood:
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabby View Post
Congratulations, such great news to come home this evening and read.
What areas of nursing interested you the most during your program?
I did my preceptorship on a cardiac med-surg floor. I loved it. I was also able to do one rotation in the OR and I loved it even more. I did not like OB much, but willing to do it if I have to. Did not really do a peds rotation but I do not think I could work with Kids. I love kids but I do not have the separation skills to keep my heart safe working with sick kids. I would get too involved. I really want to specialize in either OR or cardiac nursing, but at this point I would take a job as anything with a paycheck until I get my first year over.

I know it doesn't go with my post but he is just too cute not to use. LOL

Frogger RN :) LOL!!!
Old 11-12-2012, 07:53 PM

Thanked 6,140 Times in 4,018 Posts
My Mood:

Congradulations frogger. WooHoo!!!!!!!!

Now the real learning begins. Finding the first job is tough right now but keep at it and be willing to be flexible. May need to find 2 part times till you find what you want. But keep trying and don't give up. Apply to the same place more than if once if you're really intrested in them. Persistance will pay off. Hang in there.