Go Back   Just Us Nurses! A Forum for Nurses. Learn, Share, Discuss, Conversate. The Choice is Yours. Join Us Today! > Nursing Today > General Nursing Discussions

User Tag List

Like Tree88Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2016, 06:42 PM

Thanked 2,093 Times in 1,401 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Crazy

Holy moly. Reading TOL with a little vino. There are some very crazy posts and threads. Wowza.

Makes me very grateful for this little burg of sanity.
Reply With Quote Go to top
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crunch For This Useful Post:
Nursing Forum, Nursing Education, Nursing School, Nursing Chat, Nursing Bulletin Board, Nursing Vent, RN, LPN
Old 02-20-2016, 11:25 AM

Thanked 1,365 Times in 941 Posts
My Mood:
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)

Hey.....if you still go there, check out my alter-ego's activity page now and then, would you? I'm curious to see how long I keep "active" even though I'm banned! Last time they manipulated my data was 2/8, as far as I know

Also.....I know I'm going to kick myself for this, but.....how bad does the PVT/NCLEX mythology look? Does it still work 100% of the time if you use an expired card and if you get a lot of SATA that means you definitely passed? rofl.....
Nursing Forum, Nursing Education, Nursing School, Nursing Chat, Nursing Bulletin Board, Nursing Vent, RN, LPN
Old 02-20-2016, 12:09 PM
The Irish Fireball

Thanked 3,869 Times in 2,711 Posts
My Mood:
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreDilaudidPlease! View Post
Hey.....if you still go there, check out my alter-ego's activity page now and then, would you? I'm curious to see how long I keep "active" even though I'm banned! Last time they manipulated my data was 2/8, as far as I know

Also.....I know I'm going to kick myself for this, but.....how bad does the PVT/NCLEX mythology look? Does it still work 100% of the time if you use an expired card and if you get a lot of SATA that means you definitely passed? rofl.....

You mean it's NOT true???? Geez... I got 24 SATA out of 75 questions.

Pinstripes are never out of season...

Kylee, BSN, RN
Old 02-20-2016, 01:43 PM

My Mood:

Quote:

Do you know of anyone who passed with 85 questions? Does this mean I failed?!
Old 02-20-2016, 03:38 PM
Owner/Administrator

Thanked 7,713 Times in 4,409 Posts
My Mood:
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cracklingkraken View Post
Do you know of anyone who passed with 85 questions? Does this mean I failed?!

. . . . . .
Melinurse, GrnTea and icurnmaggie like this.

Joanna MSN, APRN, FNP-BC

Old 02-20-2016, 04:21 PM

Thanked 2,093 Times in 1,401 Posts

Who is your later ego?
Melinurse and GrnTea like this.
Old 02-21-2016, 09:49 AM

My Mood:
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunch View Post
Who is your later ego?
There must be some sort of official linguistic term for what happens when a typo results in a wonderful, um, alternative for the intended word.

If you're afraid of SATA, my alter/later ego did a wonderful piece on why you shouldn't fear them. Maybe somebody could go bump it.
Why you don't need to fear "SATA" | allnurses

Melinurse likes this.
And drinking largely sobers us again. ... A. Pope

Proud member of the Crusty Old Bat Society
Old 02-21-2016, 03:03 PM

Thanked 1,365 Times in 941 Posts
My Mood:
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)

Oh....just too much! Lol.... I decided to go look at it lol, look at the nclex forum pages... What a freaking mess! There are myths upon myths upon myths! One of the more regular members posted a 'what you should know' kind of thing ...facts about the NCLEX, really just a cursory basic basic thing, and people were commenting on how it should be a sticky and it was amazing news. ROFL... I had articles....tons of myth-buster stuff that got a huge amount of likes, but of course they get pushed to the very bottom of the forum pages never to be seen again. Too bad... I had an article called facts about the NCLEX... Things you should know... Oh well.

If people feel better freaking out by submitting their credit card information 30 times an hour until they get charged... So be it. If they want to believe that getting 103 questions is bad but 100 questions is good... So be it. If they want to believe that if the PVTD "tells"them they passed and it's 100% accurate... Guess it doesn't matter to the rest of us, does it? Either they will get the shock of their lives when they get the failure notice... Or those that paid 200 bucks stupidly for playing the game find out they pass later on... Just honestly can't believe that this is still such a confused topic for so many! I mean really: all of this is right on the NCSBN website! There are no myths or secrets that are not laid out in black and white right there. These are our future nurses....yikes.
Melinurse and SopranoKris like this.
Old 02-22-2016, 12:21 AM
The Irish Fireball

Thanked 3,869 Times in 2,711 Posts
My Mood:

Quote:
Oh....just too much! Lol.... I decided to go look at it lol, look at the nclex forum pages... What a freaking mess! There are myths upon myths upon myths! One of the more regular members posted a 'what you should know' kind of thing ...facts about the NCLEX, really just a cursory basic basic thing, and people were commenting on how it should be a sticky and it was amazing news. ROFL... I had articles....tons of myth-buster stuff that got a huge amount of likes, but of course they get pushed to the very bottom of the forum pages never to be seen again. Too bad... I had an article called facts about the NCLEX... Things you should know... Oh well.

If people feel better freaking out by submitting their credit card information 30 times an hour until they get charged... So be it. If they want to believe that getting 103 questions is bad but 100 questions is good... So be it. If they want to believe that if the PVTD "tells"them they passed and it's 100% accurate... Guess it doesn't matter to the rest of us, does it? Either they will get the shock of their lives when they get the failure notice... Or those that paid 200 bucks stupidly for playing the game find out they pass later on... Just honestly can't believe that this is still such a confused topic for so many! I mean really: all of this is right on the NCSBN website! There are no myths or secrets that are not laid out in black and white right there. These are our future nurses....yikes.
Have one of the CNAs at work starting LPN school next week. SCARY because she is a crappy aide, rude to the patients, and already thinks she knows more than the LPNs and RNs on the floor. Just the thought of her getting a license scares the HELL out of me..
Melinurse likes this.

Pinstripes are never out of season...

Kylee, BSN, RN
Old 02-22-2016, 06:09 AM

My Mood:
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylee View Post
Have one of the CNAs at work starting LPN school next week. SCARY because she is a crappy aide, rude to the patients, and already thinks she knows more than the LPNs and RNs on the floor. Just the thought of her getting a license scares the HELL out of me..
Oh, lord. Anyone who's ever taught students can testify that those are the WORST students."I know/can do everything a nurse knows/does, I'm just here for the credential." I can't tell you how many of those I've seen.
They also tend to be the ones that whine about how mean the faculty are and the ones their classmates tell them will be AWESOME NURSES because they can have all their patients "done up" by nine a.m. They don't know jackshit about nursing assessment, diagnosis, and planning, and they are the ones that sneer the loudest about what bunk that is. They're totally task focused. They have literally (and I use this word very specifically - it doesn't mean 'really') no idea why anything else matters.
And they make mediocre nurses, at best. If they pass NCLEX.
Kylee, Melinurse and LadyFree28 like this.
And drinking largely sobers us again. ... A. Pope

Proud member of the Crusty Old Bat Society
The Following User Says Thank You to GrnTea For This Useful Post: