Go Back   Just Us Nurses! A Forum for Nurses. Learn, Share, Discuss, Conversate. The Choice is Yours. Join Us Today! > Nursing Today > General Nursing Discussions

User Tag List

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By GrnTea

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2015, 02:34 PM

My Mood:
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Default Better than a flu shot! And other health-related humor

Better than a Flu Shot!

Miss Beatrice, the church organist, was in her eighties, never married, and was admired for her sweetness and kindness to all.One afternoon the new young pastor came to call on her. She showed him into her quaint sitting room and invited him to have a seat while she prepared tea. As he sat facing her old Hammond organ, the young minister noticed a cut glass bowl sitting on top of it. The bowl was filled with water, and in the water floated of all things, a condom!
When she returned with tea and scones and they began to chat. The pastor tried to stifle his curiosity about the bowl of water and its strange floater, but soon it got the better of him and he could no longer resist ...
“Miss Beatrice, I wonder if you would tell me about this?” he said pointing to the bowl.
“Oh yes, isn't it wonderful?” she replied …“I was walking through the park a few months ago and I found this little package on the ground. The directions said to place it on the organ, keep it wet and that it would prevent the spread of disease.”
“Do you know I haven't had the flu all winter!”
If you don't send this to five GOOD friends right away, there will be five fewer people smiling in the world.
And drinking largely sobers us again. ... A. Pope

Proud member of the Crusty Old Bat Society
Reply With Quote Go to top
Nursing Forum, Nursing Education, Nursing School, Nursing Chat, Nursing Bulletin Board, Nursing Vent, RN, LPN