Go Back   Just Us Nurses! A Forum for Nurses. Learn, Share, Discuss, Conversate. The Choice is Yours. Join Us Today! > Nursing Today > General Nursing Discussions

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2012, 09:02 PM
The Only Living Dead Member

My Mood:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Bath salts because it's cheap and legal

So now that the police have cracked down on Meth and people in my area have turned to K2 and bath salts. Nothing is worse than a patient on bath salts. Because Narcan cannot fix it. Ativan does not help nor does Valium. So if you want some piece and quiet. HALDOL. Out of every patient I have seen that comes in on Bath salts we finally had a doctor try haldol. It's works great. At least for now. So suggest it to the next doctor that is at their wits end to help calm the bath salt patient. There is no study to prove a thing. This is just from experience as a nurse that has seen it with her own eyes.
Nursing Forum, Nursing Education, Nursing School, Nursing Chat, Nursing Bulletin Board, Nursing Vent, RN, LPN
Old 04-13-2012, 09:31 PM

Thanked 1,118 Times in 728 Posts
My Mood:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Good to know. The population of my hospital is elderly or chemically dependent. I mostly see elderly because we are an Oncology floor, but every once and a while we take some overflow.

Reply With Quote Go to top
Nursing Forum, Nursing Education, Nursing School, Nursing Chat, Nursing Bulletin Board, Nursing Vent, RN, LPN