Go Back   Just Us Nurses! A Forum for Nurses. Learn, Share, Discuss, Conversate. The Choice is Yours. Join Us Today! > Nursing Today > General Nursing Discussions

User Tag List

Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By HeartThrobRN
  • 1 Post By Poliopioneer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2015, 08:34 PM
Owner/Administrator

Thanked 7,713 Times in 4,409 Posts
My Mood:
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Default The 3 Reasons Nurses Lose Their License

There are 3 main ways that nurses who lose their license lose them. They include: Diversion, Breach of Privacy, and Negligence.

"Most nurses live in fear of losing their license. It actually isnít that easy to have it taken away and typically takes some egregious acts to convince a state board to do so. Still, some actions are so awful that a license seizure is the only way to assure the safety of patients. In the end, the decision is about the patients and whether itís safe for the nurse to work with them".

The 3 most common ways for a Nurse to lose their license | Nurse Stories

Joanna MSN, APRN, FNP-BC

Reply With Quote Go to top
The Following User Says Thank You to DutchgirlRN For This Useful Post:
Nursing Forum, Nursing Education, Nursing School, Nursing Chat, Nursing Bulletin Board, Nursing Vent, RN, LPN
Old 10-17-2015, 10:24 PM

My Mood:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Thanks for posting. I feel that my own fear of losing my license has been irrational at times. I actually read one of GrnTea's posts here recently stating to read up on the BON website for a list of suspended & disciplined licenses for a better idea of why licenses get suspended. Most were drug or alcohol related, not following up on prior offenses, or due to felonies.

Definitely eased my mind & made me realize how hard it actually is to lose your license....thankfully.
DutchgirlRN, GrnTea and LadyFree28 like this.
Nursing Forum, Nursing Education, Nursing School, Nursing Chat, Nursing Bulletin Board, Nursing Vent, RN, LPN
Old 10-18-2015, 01:49 PM

Thanked 5,786 Times in 3,765 Posts
My Mood:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

ITA I used to get a publication from the BON listing the names and license numbers of nurses who had been disciplined or lost their licenses and it was mostly for the same reasons.

I was shocked to find the name of someone who had been my friend in school who had been disciplined for drug reasons. She was so straight-and-narrow that I never thought that anything like that would have happened to her. Go figure.
GrnTea likes this.
Reply With Quote Go to top