Go Back   Just Us Nurses! A Forum for Nurses. Learn, Share, Discuss, Conversate. The Choice is Yours. Join Us Today! > The Nurse Forums > ICU/CCU Nursing

User Tag List

Like Tree18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2016, 08:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default ICU Nurse

First, congratulations on getting into the respiratory critical care unit. I believe that unit is going to be a great unit to be in. I wanted to wish you the best in the respiratory critical care unit modules. I have taken those nursing modules, but different types of nursing modules and I enjoyed it. Being in that specialized critical care unit is easier for a lot of reasons:

1. The care plans are more specialized than when it is just the general critical care unit.
2. The respiratory critical care unit is a specialized unit that uses new and up to the year equipment which is very good.

I wish you the very best in your new job.
Reply With Quote Go to top
Nursing Forum, Nursing Education, Nursing School, Nursing Chat, Nursing Bulletin Board, Nursing Vent, RN, LPN
Old 12-05-2016, 08:40 PM

Default ICU Nurse

Congratulations on getting into the unit that you wanted to get into. Congratulations also on working on your modules. That is amazing. I really applaud you for going the extra mile and doing so well and updating your skills. I have done the same, but it was just the nursing skills. I wish you the very best.
Nursing Forum, Nursing Education, Nursing School, Nursing Chat, Nursing Bulletin Board, Nursing Vent, RN, LPN
Old 12-19-2016, 08:54 PM

Default Floating on Different Units

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplemouse View Post
That is wonderful that you are floating in different units. I always love doing that myself. When I was working in the adult day care unit, sometimes I was asked to work upstairs in the assisted living facility. So, I would go upstairs and work up there as well. I enjoyed the change of pace. That is also what I found when I worked/volunteered at the ICU versus the PCU units. I would rotate from ICU and then do the PCU units and I found that I became more relaxed when I worked in the PCU units because even though we were busy in those units, the pace was a little bit more slower than the ICU.
I wish you the best and good luck to you.
I have a similar job like you, but it is in long-term care assisted living facility. I have to go to different units in order to do activities. I work in the assisted living part doing activities and then I float to the memory care unit where I do activities and I also do nursing care as well. I congratulate you on doing a really good job in your job. Just enjoy things and you will do great in your job.
Old 12-22-2016, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SopranoKris View Post
New nurse here. I've been floating between a neuro/trauma step down unit and a med-surg neuro floor since July. I was just placed on a respiratory critical care unit. I'm still in the process of completing my AACN modules before I transfer over to my new unit. Looking forward to the change of pace and higher acuity :)
Congratulations on doing well at your job and pursuing your dreams. I believe that is always an important aspect of following your goals and dreams whatever they may be. I am a floater on different units as well and actually I never realized it, but I really enjoy floating. I like doing different things every day. I am so happy for you that you get a chance to do something that you really love to do and that is wonderful. Congratulations on that.
Melinurse likes this.
Old 01-04-2017, 09:57 AM

That is always a great way to work as a nurse for different reasons:

1. Your day is never the same.

2. You always have a job that changes every day.

3. You can see different staff members and different patients as well.

There are many good positives about floating onto different units.
Old 01-04-2017, 11:08 PM

Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

I transferred to the main ICU in August and I absolutely *love* it! Definitely found my niche. There is so much to learn, but I love the challenge of learning new things. I find ICU is a much more collaborative environment than the med-surg & step-down units. The doctors definitely respect our opinions. Most of all, we get to use our brains again! I feel like I can be a "real" nurse again, instead of running around like a mad woman, trying to complete a series of tasks with a heavy pt load.
Melinurse likes this.
Old 01-05-2017, 02:39 PM

Default ICU Nurse

ICU nursing is a lot of hard work and takes a lot of time. I know that it can be very challenging at times. I have seen it with my own nursing eyes just how challenging it can be. I think that what helps with the challenges are the following ways:

1. Keep your eyes open.

2. Stay calm.

3. Keep your ears open and stay flexible.
SopranoKris likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to shepherdnurse For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2017, 02:48 AM

Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shepherdnurse View Post
ICU nursing is a lot of hard work and takes a lot of time. I know that it can be very challenging at times. I have seen it with my own nursing eyes just how challenging it can be. I think that what helps with the challenges are the following ways:

1. Keep your eyes open.

2. Stay calm.

3. Keep your ears open and stay flexible.
Very good advice, indeed :)
Old 02-09-2017, 08:54 PM

Default ICU Nurse

Congratulations on being an ICU nurse. That is such an interesting; yet could be a very stressful unit. I know that you have to be very organized and keep everything in line in order to make everything run smoothly.
Old 02-20-2017, 08:47 PM

Default ICU Nurse

ICU nursing is a great way to enjoy critical care for several reasons:

1. You can get your feet wet in the critical care.

2. You can learn while you are working.

3. All of this will enhance your skills.

4. All of this will enhance your capabilities.