Go Back   Just Us Nurses! A Forum for Nurses. Learn, Share, Discuss, Conversate. The Choice is Yours. Join Us Today! > The Nurse Forums > ICU/CCU Nursing

User Tag List

Like Tree18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2015, 09:56 PM
Owner/Administrator

Thanked 7,713 Times in 4,409 Posts
My Mood:
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Default New ICU/CCU forum

Added by special request. Enjoy~

Joanna MSN, APRN, FNP-BC

Reply With Quote Go to top
The Following User Says Thank You to DutchgirlRN For This Useful Post:
Nursing Forum, Nursing Education, Nursing School, Nursing Chat, Nursing Bulletin Board, Nursing Vent, RN, LPN
Old 11-28-2015, 05:08 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

New nurse here. I've been floating between a neuro/trauma step down unit and a med-surg neuro floor since July. I was just placed on a respiratory critical care unit. I'm still in the process of completing my AACN modules before I transfer over to my new unit. Looking forward to the change of pace and higher acuity :)
Nursing Forum, Nursing Education, Nursing School, Nursing Chat, Nursing Bulletin Board, Nursing Vent, RN, LPN
Old 11-28-2015, 05:39 PM

Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Do save your certificates of completion so that you can put ECCO on your resume.
Old 11-30-2015, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icurnmaggie View Post
Do save your certificates of completion so that you can put ECCO on your resume.
Absolutely! I've been printing them off after each module. I have 48 left to go out of 59. I'm thankful that they are paying me 60 hours once I'm done with the entire ECCO certification. Nice!
icurnmaggie and Here.I.Stand like this.
Old 07-19-2016, 05:56 PM

I'm happy to say that I will officially transfer to the main ICU in August. I'm so excited! My goal is to be an ACNP so this is the next step towards achieving that goal. I'm glad that I will be getting so much training once I transfer. Lots of hands-on courses and an assigned preceptor. Can't wait to learn!!!! :D
Old 09-07-2016, 03:21 PM

Default ICU Nurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by SopranoKris View Post
New nurse here. I've been floating between a neuro/trauma step down unit and a med-surg neuro floor since July. I was just placed on a respiratory critical care unit. I'm still in the process of completing my AACN modules before I transfer over to my new unit. Looking forward to the change of pace and higher acuity :)
Congratulations on doing so well on your modules in ICU/critical care, for going the extra mile, and for trying your very best. Congrats also on your new nursing floor adventure. That sounds so interesting. For more information regarding the nursing floor, I would suggest that you do an internet search on ICU protocols and regulations and general information. I really appreciate your story.
Old 10-11-2016, 11:28 AM

Default ICU Nurse

My mom was in the ICU for about two days in April a few years ago. I noticed that the doctors and nurses really took a big interest in my mom and they were so nice and caring towards her. They also had all computers for their charting and getting nursing orders and doctors orders done all by computer. I also noticed that the patient and nurse ratio was very small due to the critical care that the patients had. I believe that you will do very well as an ICU nurse.
Old 10-17-2016, 11:44 AM

My Mood:
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Waaaaay back when I was younger and prettier I took the second CCRN exam ever given. I've always believed in getting and documenting competence. Way to go!
SopranoKris likes this.
And drinking largely sobers us again. ... A. Pope

Proud member of the Crusty Old Bat Society
The Following User Says Thank You to GrnTea For This Useful Post:
Old 11-03-2016, 02:42 AM

Default ICU Nurse

I have worked on that unit before and it is a very challenging unit; even though the unit has small nurse/patient ratio numbers. What made it so challenging were these things:

1. The care of the patient can be very hard because assessments have to be extremely lengthy and go very long and in-depth measures.
2. The amount of paperwork and other jobs along with the nursing aspect are big.
3. The atmosphere of the ICU is high stress.
I have volunteered in the ICU before and I can tell you that I was so nervous on my first day there due to all of the things that I had to do, but as I got use to everything, I then realized that the ICU was going to be a good place to work in.
GrnTea and Here.I.Stand like this.
Old 11-18-2016, 01:24 PM

Default ICU Nurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by SopranoKris View Post
That is wonderful that you are floating in different units. I always love doing that myself. When I was working in the adult day care unit, sometimes I was asked to work upstairs in the assisted living facility. So, I would go upstairs and work up there as well. I enjoyed the change of pace. That is also what I found when I worked/volunteered at the ICU versus the PCU units. I would rotate from ICU and then do the PCU units and I found that I became more relaxed when I worked in the PCU units because even though we were busy in those units, the pace was a little bit more slower than the ICU.
I wish you the best and good luck to you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Purplemouse For This Useful Post: