Go Back   Just Us Nurses! A Forum for Nurses. Learn, Share, Discuss, Conversate. The Choice is Yours. Join Us Today! > The Nurse Forums > Advanced Practice Nurses

User Tag List

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kylee

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2015, 05:56 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Default Georgetown University ACNP program

Anyone have feedback about Georgetown's ACNP program? I spoke with an advisor from their program. They have an online program and only require 3 on-campus intensive visits during the 23 month program. They limit class size to 10 and the students have scheduled "face time" online with the instructors.

Does anyone have any experience with Georgetown ACNP grads? Any feedback positive or negative? I'm still researching programs for ACNP and I'm trying to narrow down the best fit. Obviously, I want a school with a great reputation.

I'm also looking at Duke University & University of Michigan's ACNP programs as well.

Any advice much appreciated!!!
Reply With Quote Go to top
Nursing Forum, Nursing Education, Nursing School, Nursing Chat, Nursing Bulletin Board, Nursing Vent, RN, LPN
Old 12-09-2015, 10:51 AM
The Irish Fireball

Thanked 3,868 Times in 2,710 Posts
My Mood:

I applied, but withdrew my application due to costs. They are very nice and informative. I'm sure it's a great program, but expensive. And since I'm paying on my own, I just can't do it.

Pinstripes are never out of season...

Kylee, BSN, RN
Nursing Forum, Nursing Education, Nursing School, Nursing Chat, Nursing Bulletin Board, Nursing Vent, RN, LPN
Old 12-14-2015, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylee View Post
I applied, but withdrew my application due to costs. They are very nice and informative. I'm sure it's a great program, but expensive. And since I'm paying on my own, I just can't do it.
Do you remember what the cost was that they quoted you? They only have a "per year" cost on their website, but I want to do the part time program so I can still work.
Old 12-14-2015, 11:35 PM
The Irish Fireball

Thanked 3,868 Times in 2,710 Posts
My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SopranoKris View Post
Do you remember what the cost was that they quoted you? They only have a "per year" cost on their website, but I want to do the part time program so I can still work.
Can't remember exactly, but because they're private, Catholic, and practically Ivy League, I decided that as much as it cost, I'd never be able to pay off my loans in this or the next lifetime. Wilkes wants 22-25K per year. I'm still waitlisted for Fall for them.
SopranoKris likes this.

Pinstripes are never out of season...

Kylee, BSN, RN
The Following User Says Thank You to Kylee For This Useful Post: