Go Back   Just Us Nurses! A Forum for Nurses. Learn, Share, Discuss, Conversate. The Choice is Yours. Join Us Today! > The Nurse Forums > LPN's

User Tag List

Like Tree16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2015, 10:29 PM
Owner/Administrator

Thanked 7,713 Times in 4,409 Posts
My Mood:
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Default I began my nursing career as an LPN

I began my career as an LPN when I was 20 years old. I was an LPN for 23 years. At age 43 I decided I wanted a college degree. I went for Certified Public Accountant, did all the prerequisites, got 3 semesters into accounting and realized that it was not for me. I thought ok, I'll be an RN, and here I am.

Joanna MSN, APRN, FNP-BC

Reply With Quote Go to top
Nursing Forum, Nursing Education, Nursing School, Nursing Chat, Nursing Bulletin Board, Nursing Vent, RN, LPN
Old 10-21-2015, 08:52 PM

My Mood:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

I began my career as a medical assistant for 10 years. Then decided to get my LPN at 43 years old, then on to my RN at the young age of 48 and now working on my bachelors at 53 and contemplating a masters in leadership and management.
GrnTea and icurnmaggie like this.
Old 10-21-2015, 08:59 PM

Thanked 1,544 Times in 1,199 Posts
My Mood:
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

wow two great stories, proud Mary you are a late bloomer.
Nursing Forum, Nursing Education, Nursing School, Nursing Chat, Nursing Bulletin Board, Nursing Vent, RN, LPN
Old 10-21-2015, 11:14 PM

Thanked 6,140 Times in 4,018 Posts
My Mood:
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I started off as a CNA for 4 years working both long term care and hospital med surg unit. Loved my job too. Then I went for my RN but had to take a break related to my son having some problems. The wait list to get back in was so long that I got my LPN so I could work while I waited for a slot in the RN program. I worked as LPN on a med-surg unit for 4 years and a few months, then got my RN. I loved the experiences I got while working as LPN. I work at a hospital now that uses LPNs and I love it. LPNs rock.

Last edited by Melinurse; 10-21-2015 at 11:26 PM.
Old 10-22-2015, 07:02 AM

Thanked 2,093 Times in 1,401 Posts

Magazine sales over the phone, CNA, Staffing coorsinator, Unit Secretary, Monitor Tech, ECG tech, do anything for the nursing office staffer, extern, RN.

Old 10-22-2015, 09:34 PM

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurseforever View Post
wow two great stories, proud Mary you are a late bloomer.
f

I really am! I say I was born 10 years to soon ;)
icurnmaggie likes this.
Old 11-12-2015, 06:31 PM

Hopefully I'll pass my NCLEX the first time and be a LPN early next year, and I can get this forum hopping! :)
The Following User Says Thank You to duskyjewel For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2016, 01:48 PM

Default LPN/RN Information From Purplespider

Congratulations on becoming an LPN and now congratulations on becoming an RN. That is wonderful news that you want to be an RN. You will have lots of options that you can have in your professional nursing career. Being an LPN is a huge blessing for you because it gave you the foundations of nursing first and now you are moving up into your career. I am a CNA and I hope to become an LVN through the state of California very soon. So, I have been through the foundations of nursing first and I want to move up the ladder in my nursing profession. I wish you the best and please visit this website here: American Nurses Association

Thank you. Purplespider, CNA
Old 07-25-2016, 10:30 AM

Default Congratulations on becoming a nurse

Congratulations on becoming a nurse and for taking the test. That is a big accomplishment. Here is a link about becoming a nurse:

Nurse Training and Online Resources

Thank you.
Old 08-22-2016, 10:08 AM

Default Beginning A Nursing Career

It is wonderful when I nurses begin their nursing career. I met someone who started out as a CNA, then got his LPN, then his A.A.S. (Associates in nursing degree), then his BSN, and now his masters degree in nursing. He climbed the nursing ladder in my view. I think that starting as an LPN in nursing is a great way to begin your path. Thank you for sharing and here is some information regarding medical internships that you might be interested in:

Preparing for Medical Internship

Thank you.