Go Back   Just Us Nurses! A Forum for Nurses. Learn, Share, Discuss, Conversate. The Choice is Yours. Join Us Today! > The Chat Room Door.....

The Chat Room Door..... The chat room is always open!

User Tag List

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By MoreDilaudidPlease!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2014, 08:58 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Need a lil help

Hi my name is Leigh I will be graduating from LPN school next month, my dilemma is I live in Michigan but went to school in Ohio . Is there serious differences in taking the NCLEX exam in Michigan . Or should I take it where I went to school? Thank you for any input.
Reply With Quote Go to top
Nursing Forum, Nursing Education, Nursing School, Nursing Chat, Nursing Bulletin Board, Nursing Vent, RN, LPN
Old 11-16-2014, 04:09 PM

Thanked 1,365 Times in 941 Posts
My Mood:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)

Hi, and welcome to JUN!

To put your mind at ease, there is NO difference AT ALL regarding what State you take the exam in. It's a national licensing test, so it's the same whether you are in CA or NY. Pearson Vue administers /proctors the exam, so registration will be through them once you are ready.

That said, you should apply to the State Board of Nursing in whatever State you plan to practice: it seems that would be Michigan for you, if you're staying put. You can always apply for an endorsement to another State if you decide to move, but you want to get the license where you want to start working first.

We have some really great educators here on JUN, and I'm sure they'd be happy to help you with homework issues and studying. Give a 'shout out' to GrnTea and she'll help answer the call!

Good luck; we'll here to assist!
GrnTea and Emergent like this.
Reply With Quote Go to top
Nursing Forum, Nursing Education, Nursing School, Nursing Chat, Nursing Bulletin Board, Nursing Vent, RN, LPN