Go Back   Just Us Nurses! A Forum for Nurses. Learn, Share, Discuss, Conversate. The Choice is Yours. Join Us Today! > What's Going On In Your World? > Introduce Yourself

Introduce Yourself Stop in and say Hello. We're glad you're here!

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2009, 12:54 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Hi everyone new here

My name is Melissa I was a CNA for 18 months became an LPN in 2000 and am currently go through Excelsior's College for my RN I have worked in Med Surg., Rehab, Home Health, Doctors Office, Vent Unit and with the disabled for the state I was born and have lived my whole life in Upstate NY, I have a Wonderful Husband Steve who I have been with for 14+Years I have 6 (and yes I said 6)children 1 girl and 5 boys ages are 19,17,13,11,10,and 7 with the girl being the oldest and 1 grandchild due any day now. I enjoy reading, chatting with friends on the internet, sewing, needlepoint, making candles, cooking, making cards and announcements, and my black Lab Dominoth_101256E
Reply With Quote Go to top
Nursing Forum, Nursing Education, Nursing School, Nursing Chat, Nursing Bulletin Board, Nursing Vent, RN, LPN
Old 01-05-2009, 01:40 AM

Thanked 1,512 Times in 1,018 Posts
My Mood:

Hi Missy,

I noticed you like making cards? I'm just learning how, I go to classes with my friend across the road who teaches it.

What sorts of methods do you use? Some of the stuff we make, involves shapes, printing, ribbons and stuff, and she has started us with quilling as well!

I noticed you are an LPN. In Australia here, they are called Enrolled Nurses. I was one for @ 17 years. I have been an RN for just over 2 years now.

I hope you enjoy your study.

Actually I notice you mention Excelsior College? I think that is the one Dutchgirl RN got her qualifications through?

Once again
Gidday

Jay

My mummy, and my two gorgeous grandnieces, Sienna and Lily xxx
Nursing Forum, Nursing Education, Nursing School, Nursing Chat, Nursing Bulletin Board, Nursing Vent, RN, LPN
Old 01-05-2009, 01:42 AM

Thanked 1,512 Times in 1,018 Posts
My Mood:

Oh if you need a hand to get an avatar, a signature etc, then ask one of us mods....happy to help

My mummy, and my two gorgeous grandnieces, Sienna and Lily xxx
Old 01-05-2009, 04:51 AM

My Mood:

Gday and welcome to our little corner of the internet.

th_101256E
________
Candies4You

Last edited by AussieRN; 09-06-2011 at 09:06 AM.
Old 01-05-2009, 07:00 AM

Thanked 1,781 Times in 960 Posts
My Mood:
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)

welkom :th_frkwrksmiley: You will love it here!! Pull up a chair grab a cup of , and start talking. I have 4 kids 1 girl 22 and 3 boys 18, 16, and 14 [tomorrow].

We are a friendly group and we say what we think. There is very little drama here, for which I am grateful, having 4 kids, I get more drama that I can handle.

I also have a Black Lab. Her name is Lucy. I have 2 beagles Izzy and Copper and 3 cats, Maggie, Spaz and Midget.

Karen, RN,

Failure is NOT an option!! Gene Kranz during the Apollo 13 crisis.

When God leads you to it, He WILL lead you through it!
Old 01-05-2009, 07:07 AM
Haunted

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Hi Melissa! Nice to meetcha! I don't know where you find time for all your extra curricular activities with 6 kids:th_2i8hsav: and a grandbaby on the way (WE WANT PIX!!!!) but welcome and hey to Steve and we are a big fan club here of puppies, fur babies in general. Enjoy your brand new friends. We are happy to meet you.
Old 01-05-2009, 07:14 AM
HhRNhhr

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Welcome, Missy, glad to meet you! People here call me Tazzi because that was my handle for years before I decided to change it. I'm in CA, former ER nurse now doing home health. I have three kids, a boy almost 21, a girl 19 that we are about to kill, and a girl almost 5. No pets at the moment but we're about to adopt another pair of cats. I like crafts too, I'm currently working on three different projects: a cross stitch for my cousin (late Christmas gift), another cross stitch for my youngest's upcoming birthday, and also am crocheting an afghan for her. I love to read, I always have at least two books going and always carry one with me when I leave the house.

This is a good place to be, you won't find a crazier bunch of people but you'll find incredible support when you need it.
Old 01-05-2009, 08:20 AM

Thanked 2,093 Times in 1,525 Posts
My Mood:

Welcome NurseMissy!! We are glad you found us and joined us.,,,,
Old 01-05-2009, 09:51 AM

Thanked 2,810 Times in 1,347 Posts
My Mood:

Missy, glad to have you. Sounds like you will find a LOT of kindred spirits here! You are clearly one very busy lady!!! I, too, am a grandmother but just have one, a three year old boy, and two furry-kids, a dog and a cat; and a DH of almost 30 years. I do Home Health when I'm not online here at JUN, and also do some crafts (scrapbooking and painting--lousy at it, but I have fun!)

So get a tea and jump on in.....th_teaforumsmiley1100

There is a God-Shaped hole in every human being that only He can fill.
Old 01-05-2009, 10:04 AM

Thanked 2,466 Times in 1,455 Posts
My Mood:

NurseMissy!!!!
We are glad to have you. 6 kids??? Wow!!!! That is a job in itself. I don't have kids, only fur babies.