View Single Post
Old 12-19-2016, 07:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Floating on Different Units

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplemouse View Post
That is wonderful that you are floating in different units. I always love doing that myself. When I was working in the adult day care unit, sometimes I was asked to work upstairs in the assisted living facility. So, I would go upstairs and work up there as well. I enjoyed the change of pace. That is also what I found when I worked/volunteered at the ICU versus the PCU units. I would rotate from ICU and then do the PCU units and I found that I became more relaxed when I worked in the PCU units because even though we were busy in those units, the pace was a little bit more slower than the ICU.
I wish you the best and good luck to you.
I have a similar job like you, but it is in long-term care assisted living facility. I have to go to different units in order to do activities. I work in the assisted living part doing activities and then I float to the memory care unit where I do activities and I also do nursing care as well. I congratulate you on doing a really good job in your job. Just enjoy things and you will do great in your job.
Reply With Quote Go to top
Nursing Forum, Nursing Education, Nursing School, Nursing Chat, Nursing Bulletin Board, Nursing Vent, RN, LPN