View Single Post
Old 11-18-2016, 12:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default ICU Nurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by SopranoKris View Post
New nurse here. I've been floating between a neuro/trauma step down unit and a med-surg neuro floor since July. I was just placed on a respiratory critical care unit. I'm still in the process of completing my AACN modules before I transfer over to my new unit. Looking forward to the change of pace and higher acuity :)
That is wonderful that you are floating in different units. I always love doing that myself. When I was working in the adult day care unit, sometimes I was asked to work upstairs in the assisted living facility. So, I would go upstairs and work up there as well. I enjoyed the change of pace. That is also what I found when I worked/volunteered at the ICU versus the PCU units. I would rotate from ICU and then do the PCU units and I found that I became more relaxed when I worked in the PCU units because even though we were busy in those units, the pace was a little bit more slower than the ICU.
I wish you the best and good luck to you.
Reply With Quote Go to top
The Following User Says Thank You to Purplemouse For This Useful Post:
Nursing Forum, Nursing Education, Nursing School, Nursing Chat, Nursing Bulletin Board, Nursing Vent, RN, LPN